Sunday, October 5, 2008

Traveling back

The day of the departure was marked by a constant rain. Indeed, the whole train ride from Nanjing to the capital city of Beijing was chased by the rain. It's been a while since the last time I went on an overnight train ride. That was in Finland I think.

I got tickets to a "hardback" bed which means a cubicle of 2x3 beds (three levels on both sides). That's the usual ticket type we bought back in the day, when living in China :) I slept on the lowest one. It was comfortable enough to be able to fall asleep, although I kept waking up once in a few hours. Anyway, back and still alive :)

P.S. the photos are starting to flow into Flickr... I'll keep a constant pace of about 8-10 pictures / day so that if you check back every now and then, there should be some new ones (instead of lashing them all at once).

No comments: