Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New stuff and Old stuff

Sorry for my absence - the uni is killing me :) Suddenly it seems that every course is out there to get you. At least that's what the rush of deliverable assignments felt like.

Anyway, I've beginning to love the Tsinghua TV station. Ok, some situation recap needed. Previously on THTV: So, I learned there were tons of clubs and other activities looking for members in the beginning of the semester. One time I went to have a lunch when I spotted a very nice looking camera standing on a tripod. At first I thought it was a movie club or something, but turns out it's a student-run TV-station inside the campus. I registered immediately.

I believe that was the best decision I made here this far. I went on their welcome event for the "new" people and god there were just so many girls :). The "older" people are also really nice. I talked them about my past so they let me take some responsibility straight away without any practice. That's why I was able to go shoot the 2nd world university shooting championships. Now I'm working on shooting the campus-wide singing competition (the format taken from Idols I guess). I don't have to work alone since they partner up a reporter with a camera operator, which is so cool.

The TV station is a place I can go when I need to clear my mind from all the school shaite. Still, I don't think I'll be too buried with schoolwork. After all, it's just an attitude thing.

Oh did I mention my dad was here? Yeah, he came over here on the excuse of attending a conference. Was here last weekend. It was nice, toured me around the campus - the places he grew up around. More photos about that coming later.

No comments: